Non listed countries

If Spain has not agreement with your country, then you should get Spanish driving licence.

Citizens of many countries, including USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Russia, after 6 months of residency their foreign driving licence will no longer be valid in Spain and they must get Spanish Driving licence.

Licences from another country with an agreement with Spain

Spain has agreements with more than 20 countries which allow drivers to directly exchange a foreign driver’s licences for the equivalent Spanish licence.

See the list below:

Algeria, Argentina, Andorra, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Croatia, Dominical Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Japan, Korea, Macedonia, Morocco, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uruguay and Venezuela can exchange their driving licence for a Spanish licence.

Licences from EU or EEA Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein

Those driving licences are VALID in Spain.

Abrir chat
Hola 👋
¿En qué podemos ayudarte?